Monday, August 13, 2007

Digital Gallery... Primary Resource Heaven!

I love it when i come across a true resource site. I get really excited to see the special collections of historical documents and photos. I usually get lost in these websites for days at a time. I book marked this site a few months back and promised myself I would hold off on it until I finished my projects I had already committed to.
The wait was killing me, so I took a peak at it and I am loving it!

NYPL Digital Gallery provides access to over 550,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, printed ephemera, and more.

They offer HIGH-QUALITY PRINTS and photo gifts in various sizes, with custom framing options. The electronic interface allows you to choose from most of the 550,000 images - including historic photographs and maps.
SWEET!!!


Go check out the.... NYPL Digital Library

No comments: